Here’s what I have left..
Hi guys! My name is Jess and to reach my goal weight, I only need to drop 11 more pounds!
11 pounds is the average weight of 5.33 quarts of water.
How Much Fuel Is That?
To lose that amount of fat would mean to burn 38,500 calories or 161,084 KiloJoules! That is the equivalent of 1.23 gallons of gasoline. Humans, however, are far more efficient than cars, getting about 912 “miles to the gallon”. If you could dump this many calories into the tank of a Honda Civic, you would be able to drive it about 42 miles before running out of gas!
Let’s see how your goal would convert to other forms of fuel. 38,500 calories is equivalent to:
- 1.23 gallons of gasoline, or
- 13.84 pounds of coal, or
- 19.14 pounds of oven-dried wood, or
- 1.73 gallons of propane
This amount of energy would …
- Brew about 107 pots of coffee, or
- Light a 60-watt light bulb for 746 hours ( 31 days = 0.13 years)
Cutting 38,500 calories is the same as saying “no” to:
- 481 apples, or
- 385 bananas, or
- 2,265 cups of cabbage (whew!), or
- 266 baked potatoes, or
- 481 large eggs, or
- 321 cups of 2% milk, or
- 28 pounds of ground beef, or
- 443 glasses of wine, or
- 119 Snickers bars, or
- 160 Clif Bars ( 214 Luna Bars), or
- 277 cans of Coke, or
- 226 pints of Guinness beer, or
- 78 Big Macs, or
- 75 Quarter Pounders with Cheese, or
- 55 Whoppers, or
- 117 Subway 6” Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sandwiches, or
- 226 Taco Bell crunchy tacos, or
- 164 slices of pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut
What it Takes to Burn 38,500 Calories
To burn 38,500 calories, a 190 pound male would have to:
- Backpack for 64 hours (3 days) nonstop, or
- Walk for 148 hours (6 days) at 3 mph straight, or
- Walk 443 miles (277 kilometers), or
- Bike for 112 hours (5 days) at 10 mph, or
- Bike 1,116 miles (697 kilometers), or
- Play basketball nonstop for 61 hours 3 days), or
- Play billiards for 178 hours (7 days), or
- Go bowling for 149 hours (6 days), or
- Stay on the golf course for 112 hours (5 days), or
- Spend 50 hours (2 days) playing competitive football, or
- Jump rope for 47 hours (2 days) straight!
You would have to walk the length of England about 0.73 times to burn 38,500 calories.
How Long it Will Take?
The range for safe weight loss is about 1 to 3 pounds of fat per week. It could take anywhere between 4 to 11 weeks (1 to 3 months) to safely and reasonably lose that amount of weight.
Want to get your facts? Click here :)